Monday, March 5, 2012

tooth fairy notes

I looked all over for a cute letter to the tooth fairy.  Two that I found online downloaded a virus onto my computer.  After that I made my own.  First I googled images of the tooth fairy.  I didn't want to have to make my own tooth fairy.  Thankfully I found this adorable tooth fairy.
Then I searched for a tooth.  This one I liked the best for two reasons.  First it had two outlines of a tooth.  In my mind I wanted the tooth to be two tone.  So this would allow me to cut two pieces of paper in different sizes.
For things like this my favorite program to use is Publisher.  It is really easy to use but even better to manipulate images in.  I inserted the tooth and increased it to the size that I wanted.  Then I added the tooth fairy into the tooth and resized that image.  Also, you need to reformat the picture so that you still have the outline.  Then, the hardest part, write the letter.  I wanted it to be cute and fun since my son swallowed his first tooth :(


This was the final product.  I just used a glue stick to attach the two.  I also sprinkled some mac (makeup) pigment that I had in iridescent glitter all over the tooth.  The glitter looks sort of wacky in the picture but on the actual letter it looks fine. 


Where do you stick the money?  Should have thought that through a little bit better....I came up with folding the money into a little bow and then tying a ribbon around it.  I then stapled the ribbon onto the top of the tooth so that it sort of looks like it is on a spring.  Hopefully my son is excited in the morning....

2 comments:

  1. E frumos articolul. Multumesc pentru idei si desene. Si eu fac desene pentru nepotii mei. Vrei sa le vezi?
    www.copiicreativi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are VERY creative!! Thanks so much for sharing your tooth fairy posts! My granddaughter (8 in Nov 2023) has just lost her 4th tooth & I'm struggling to come up with a different type of card for each tooth. I love the little fairy & the tooth with a border. I also love your Jurassic Park theme for my brother's grandson!

    ReplyDelete